We're happy to present something everyone has been waiting for - a combination ceramic/ceramic whetstone that will handle your finest sharpening needs. The newly-developed CC4 whetstone consists of a super fine ceramic stone (white side) (0,1 micron) and a ceramic stone, made of synthetic sapphires (dark gray) (1 micron). You don't need any lubrication for these stones but now and then you should consider cleaning them with water and liquid soap. A leather pouch is included.
How to use your CC whetstone:
* If your knife is dull, we advise you to start with a diamond stone. After restoring the edge to original shape, de-burr the edge lightly with the ceramic stone in order to get a razor-sharp edge.
* Use no oil or water.
* Start by laying the blade flat on the stone, raise the blade spine approx. the thickness of the blade, and start moving the knife in circular motions.
* The ink trick: Color the edge with a felt-tip pen. You can check your progress in sharpening the knife by observing where the color is removed.
* How to check the sharpness: To check the sharpness of your knife, pull the edge very lightly on your finger nail. If it cuts, the knife is certainly sharp enough for most.
- Combination diamond / ceramic whetstone
- White side: Super fine ceramic stone (25 micron)
- Gray side: made of synthetic sapphires
- No lubrication needed
- Leather pouch included
|Dimensions||32 x 100 mm|
|Country of Origin||Sweden|
Help other Ambler Direct users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.