Fallkniven's CMT (Character, Morse, Telephony) stands out as one of the most exclusive series of chef's knives ever made. Laminate Cobalt steel, a convex edge which is both strong and sharp, stainless welded guard and rivets, and an exceptionally beautiful maroon micarta handle that will last as long as the blade. Entirely crafted by hand.
This model, Alpha, is the 20cm Chefs Knife.
The CMT range also includes a 7.5cm Paring Knife (Product Code FK-ZULU), 15.5cm Santoku (FK-DELTA), and a 11.5cm Utility Knife (FK-SIERRA), or is available as a set of the four pieces (FK-CMTss).
Please note that this knife is not intended for cutting frozen food or bones. For such heavy tasks we advise a cleaver or saw.
How to Use Your Fallkniven CMT Alpha 20cm Chef’s Knife
As a chef’s knife, Alpha from the CMT series (stands for Character, Morse, Telephony) is made of laminate cobalt steel. This material makes the blade strong and sharp for a very long time, even with frequent use. Here’s how you can use it like a pro:
- Understand what the knife is for. Since it is a chef’s knife, it is mainly used in the kitchen when preparing food. The convex or curved edge (belly) allows it to cut with rocking motions easily. Slicing ingredients has never been this easy!
- CMT Alpha is a versatile knife. You can use it to slice, dice, chop, and mince fruits, vegetables, or herbs. It is sharp enough to cut through large meat slabs. The knife is also used for disjointing bones.
- When you need a more detailed way of cutting through meat or any ingredient, take advantage of the knife’s pointed tip.
- CMT Alpha’s blade has a heavy-duty heel, which you can use on tough rinds, such as those of melons or butternut pumpkins.
- It also helps when you understand the parts of the knife. One of which is the tang, which is the part of the blade hidden inside the handle. Other components include the heel, rivets, edge, spine, and of course, the blade.
How to Care for the Fallkniven CMT Alpha
Part of knowing how to use CMT Alpha is by taking care of it properly. It is not a complicated process but make sure you bear the following points in mind:
- Although the knife’s blade is extremely tough and sharp, you should never use it to cut frozen meat. It is also not ideal for cutting bones; otherwise, you risk damaging the edge beyond repair.
- Anything cold that touches steel will make the material brittle. Let the meat or any food item get near to room temperature at the very least before cutting.
- The blade is resilient, but it is not made for any heavy chopping. If you need to accomplish such a task, choose a cleaver instead.
- When cleaning the knife, you should never put it in the dishwasher. Yes, it is a quick way to clean it, but it can shorten its life. It may also lead to a broken or ruined edge.
Wash the knife by hand after each use. Let it dry before storing.
How to Sharpen a CMT Alpha Blade
Fallkniven diamond sharpeners are the best tools for keeping the blade of the CMT Alpha sharp. At first, however, expect this sharpening device to be rougher than normal. If you only wish to adjust the edge, you can use a ceramic steel sharpener. It works by shaving off just a little bit of the dull blade, but it is effective enough to bring your knife back to life. Fallkniven has both diamond and ceramic sharpening steel in one tool.
CMT Alpha is for professional chefs and amateur cooks alike. It is a high-quality knife from Fallkniven that you can easily use when preparing ingredients in the kitchen.
10 Year Warranty
|Handle Material||Maroon Micarta|
|Steel Hardness||60 HRC|
|Overall Length||330 mm|
|Blade Length||200 mm|
|Blade Style||Full Tang|
|Manufacturer Warranty||10 Year Warranty|
|Blade Steel||Lam. Cos - Laminated Cobalt Steel|
|Blade Thickness||3.0 mm|
Help other Ambler Direct users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.