There are some jobs that require patience and there are others that simply require brawn via machinery. When that old picket fence starts to look its age, or when fencing posts that were embedded a couple of years ago in the earth have sustained one too many impacts it is inevitable that you will have to replace.
Buying new posts is one thing but removing those old ones is where the problems can lie. For those less inclined to take the job on and remove them by hand, the star picket remover from AgBoss is the solution you are looking for.
Fortunately for you, at AmblerDirect.com, we are suppliers of all things rural and industrial related and on our site, you will find the broadest range of products and tools at the best prices in Australia.
When it comes to our stock you will see that we carefully select only those that have an excellent track record and have met our standards when we tried and tested them. Among the familiar names you will find in our online store, or our eBay page, are:
- Vet Tec
- Puncture Shield
- Karaka Whips
- 888 Tools
- Monza Pumps
- Bushman Repellent
- SPU Tools
- Cresent Brand
- Ultracharge Electrical
- SP Tool Chests
We offer nothing short of excellent customer service and support, which you will find when you contact us. All orders are processed within 24 hours and for those of you who spend $99 or more, delivery is free across Australia.
H2: Tips for Tearing Down that old Picket Fence
If you are a homeowner undertaking this task here are a few pointers to consider:
1) Before you lift a finger, consider if this a job you can comfortably do on your own or will the time and effort necessary exceed what it might cost to hire a professional? Sometimes a solution that costs money ultimately buys you more time and allows you to invest your time and energy elsewhere. If the posts were set in concrete this could be a very taxing project to undertake.
2) Depending on the size of the fence, there may be a lot of wood to dispose of. As such, it’s always worth having a removal option in place, whether that’s a skip, or a hired truck is up to you.
3) Before you begin to dig, double check where you underground power lines and drains run. You don’t want to create another problem while attempting to solve something else.
4) It’s best to hammer each vertical board away from the frame first and then prise the nails free and set the pickets down away from where you’re working.
5) Hammer the vertical boards away from the frame next, once again removing the nails.
6) Finally, remove the fence post.
H2: Australian Owned and Operated
At AmblerDirect.com, we believe that each project comes with its own unique issues and complications. And so, if you are about to remove that old fence and are not sure whether the star picket remover is right for you, get in touch and we’ll steer you in the right direction.
Over the last 15 years, our Australian owned and operated organisation has served countless homeowners and professionals and we hope to soon count you among our long list of satisfied customers.