Fallkniven's CMT (Character, Morse, Telephony) stands out as one of the most exclusive series of chef's knives ever made. Laminate Cobalt steel, a convex edge which is both strong and sharp, stainless welded guard and rivets, and an exceptionally beautiful maroon micarta handle that will last as long as the blade. Entirely crafted by hand.
This model, Alpha, is the 20cm Chefs Knife.
The CMT range also includes a 7.5cm Paring Knife (Product Code FK-ZULU), 15.5cm Santoku (FK-DELTA), and a 11.5cm Utility Knife (FK-SIERRA), or is available as a set of the four pieces (FK-CMTss).
Please note that this knife is not intended for cutting frozen food or bones. For such heavy tasks we advise a cleaver or saw.
How to Use Your Fallkniven CMT ZULU Paring Knife
CMT ZULU is a paring knife designed for peeling, trimming, and slicing. It offers precision and a comfortable grip to ensure that you do your task securely. Here are some tricks to try when using this excellent paring knife for peeling a tomato like a pro:
- Insert the tip of the CMT Zulu knife into the top skin near the core. Plunge about two and a half centimetres into the fruit.
- Use the centre as a guide as you run the blade through the tomato.
- Move with a sawing motion ever so slightly until you get a conical cut right at the top part of the fruit. You can choose to pop the core out or leave it right there.
- Use the paring knife to score X at the base.
- With the X as your guide, you can use the paring knife to remove the peel in strips.
Here are other easy ways to use the CMT ZULU knife when preparing your ingredients in the kitchen:
- Use the knife for segmenting citrus fruits. It can remove the peel and pith easily, thanks to its ultra-sharp laminated cobalt steel.
- This knife is also useful when deveining shrimp. For eaters who prefer to have the vein removed, ZULU is the perfect tool for this task. Simply make a shallow cut at the back of the shrimp. It should expose the vein if you did it correctly. Then, use the tip of the knife to pull the vein out. It’s that simple.
- Another way to use the knife is for creating thin slices of garlic. Peel the skin off first and start slicing lengthwise. ZULU will let you finish the job quickly.
CMT ZULU is the best paring knife that offers a no-slip grip, whether you are cutting by hand or on a chopping board.
Caring and Maintenance Tips
Fallkniven CMT ZULU has a blade that can remain sharp for years. However, you should do your part in taking care of the knife. From cutting to cleaning to storing, you have a few duties to accomplish. To ensure maximum safety, you must keep this tool sharp.
You can use a DC3 or DC4 whetstone from Fallkniven. These two options come with both diamond and ceramic sharpening sides. The diamond portion is ideal if you have an extremely dull blade. Just slide it through this part gently and make sure you move it in circular motions. It helps create a more even result. Diamonds tend to be rough, so give it some time and practice with your less expensive knives.
If you only need to fine-tune the edge, use the ceramic side. It will take a little bit of the steel off until you get the sharpness that you desire.
Once you have sharpened your paring knife, make sure it is clean. Never store it dirty and wet. When washing, use your hands and avoid the dishwasher, which can damage the blade permanently. With proper care and maintenance, your CMT ZULU will last for several decades.
10 Year Warranty
|Handle Material||Maroon Micarta|
|Steel Hardness||60 HRC|
|Overall Length||330 mm|
|Blade Length||200 mm|
|Blade Style||Full Tang|
|Manufacturer Warranty||10 Year Warranty|
|Blade Steel||Lam. Cos - Laminated Cobalt Steel|
|Blade Thickness||3.0 mm|
Help other Ambler Direct users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.